We seek an outstanding thought leader to join the data and analytics department of a leading financial technology company, based in the USA. The mission of the team is to enable the business to succeed through actionable analysis and insightful MIS. This position will focus on extracting and transforming data, preparing the data to be ingested into multiple business intelligence reporting tools, and managing the production reporting and analytics as well as building advanced predictive and prescriptive models. The candidate will be in a highly collaborative environment, interacting with and influencing global teams across the company. This role will be expected to enhance the organization’s insight through the integration of established data mining and analytical methodologies with internal and external data sources that will help sales and client general managers articulate and defend their offers.
- Responsible for the data extraction and transformation which includes data normalization, data manipulation, and data harmonization to be fed downstream.
- Leverage an integrated datamart that combines financial actual data, billed data, client win / loss information, proprietary and publicly available data to support client engagements
- Download global data feeds and run raw extracts from CRMs such as Salesforce.com and ERP solutions such as SAP and Netsuite.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data through the maintenance of a global data warehouse hosted in Amazon S3 and EC2 for mass computational services.
- Support the technology teams in the standardization of reference data (such as: master data management (MDM) & Governance) sources for the purposes of enriching downstream analytics and MIS
- Bachelors Degree in quantitative or commerce field required, 2+ years analytics experience strongly preferred
- Strong MS Excel capability and Python scripting (i.e. advanced Excel formulas, PivotTables, VBA/Macro highly desired)
- Highly flexible and open to experiment with different strategies on the fly
- Proven ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously while solving-problems and making decisions
- Strong Database Management skills to help manage data quality (high familiarity mining data using SQL and other database programming languages)
- Thought Leader with consultancy skills and experience in decision support analytics, financial acumen and proven ability to work collaboratively to drive results
- Knowledge of the financial technology economic model, products, segmentation, and key functions, a plus, however not required.
- Strong presentation and communication skills; both written and verbal