Director of Product Insights and Analytics – Finance CompanyFull time Blockgram
New York, NY, US
Apply with A resume
We seek a transformational leader to take on a Director of Product Insights and Analytics role for a leading finance company. The mission of the data and analytics team is to enable the business to succeed through optimizing product models, special projects, providing actionable analysis and insightful MIS, and establishing a data-driven mindset across the organization. The team offers powerful data and actionable insights to help businesses improve performance and capitalize on new opportunities.
The unique core asset will be a global database of customer transactions, priced information, contractual information, client billed terms from thousands of clients worldwide and other valuable data sets. The team will apply rigorous, solution-oriented analysis and modeling techniques to help the business attract and retain customers, understand market trends, and track and diagnose pricing changes.
This position will also focus on special projects geared towards narrowing the gap between what a customer promises in the form of product adoption during the bid negotiation process and what is actually seen post-implementation. This will be done by using advanced MIS, data capabilities, and pricing insights, and a team of data architects and data scientists. The candidate will be in a highly collaborative environment, interacting with and influencing global teams and translating customer data into business and technology strategies. This role will be expected to lead a team of subject matter experts (SME) on the organization’s product data sources through the integration of value quantification methodologies with internal and external data sources that will help sales and client general managers articulate and defend the clients offers.
- Help develop a formal methodology to allow for a comparison of priced pro forma vs. actual P&L/income statement; then facilitate an effective method to narrow the gap by optimizing the pricing model engine
- Help develop a profile to be distributed post-pricing to the billing and settlement team for automated upload when client begins to transact
- Help support the development of a diagnostic/risk/opportunity engine to be used in conjunction with the pricing models used as part of all client new bids and re-bids
- Partner with internal constituents to create value-added strategic analyses that directly drive business goals
- Support the Pricing Infrastructure & Strategy teams in the standardization of reference data sources for the purposes of enriching downstream analytics and MIS
- Evaluate pricing trends to develop recommendations at key milestones that will be presented to the team for review and a decision
- MBA or Masters Degree in a quantitative field with 3-5 years analytics experience strongly preferred
- PMP Certified and/or 5+ years senior project management experience with a demonstrated ability to drive results and develop/implement strategies
- Must be flexible and be willing to shift focus quickly as needed
- Strong MS Excel capability (i.e. advanced Excel formulas, PivotTables, VBA/Macro highly desired) preferred
- Effective leadership competency and experience in transforming teams into high-performance units
- Strong Database or SAS Management skills to help manage data quality (e.g. high familiarity mining data using SQL and Query manager in MS Access)
- Thought Leader with consultancy skills with experience in decision support analytics, financial acumen and proven ability to work cross-organizationally to influence others, drive change, and implement initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker who is able to combine analytical skills with an overall business strategy to drive data quality improvements; need to translate raw data into actionable business insights and recommendations
- Strong analytical and fact-based problem-solving skills with a technical aptitude and ability to manage large data sets
- Knowledge of the clients’ industry (to be shared), as well as business models, is a plus, however, is not required