Oracle Database Architect – Large Logistics and Supply Chain CompanyFull time Blockgram
Holland, MI, US
Apply with A resume
Blockgram is recruiting a remote Oracle Database Architect for our client which is a large logistics and supply chain company based in the USA. The company has an ecosystem of supply chain software, services, and the world’s first Global Trade Network. Their solutions enable customers to unlock the power of over 40,000 universally connected partners to transform their supply chain economics, increase velocity, and optimize their future in the global economy.
Your role as an Oracle Database Architect will provide you with the opportunity to take the organization into the future with the Oracle 12C R2 product line, all the while supporting nearly 100,000 unique users and $B’s in managed freight. Are you up for the challenge?
- Work closely with Manager, Global Database Services to understand mission and execution.
- Drive global standardization for Oracle platforms.
- Work with other Architecture teams to build end-to-end solutions.
- Quickly digest current Oracle presence.
- Consult with other business units for project discovery purposes.
- Work with DBAs across the globe on multiple projects.
- Nurture a network of good will across the organization.
- POC of new technology with quick uptake.
- Mentor and teach other DBAs on the team.
- Full stack performance tuning.
- Some travel.
- Master level understanding of Oracle MAA – all components and when/how to use them.
- Project work – be the SME for Oracle related projects.
- Demonstrated success with zero downtime migrations leveraging Oracle GoldenGate.
- Deep understanding of Oracle stack integration with hardware and Linux.
- Demonstrated success designing/implementing complex GoldenGate configurations.
- Intimate understanding of ACID compliance, both at transactional and system scales.
- Demonstrated ability to design Oracle solutions based on business need.
- Strong understanding of non-Oracle backends and Oracle’s impact on them. SAN, Network, etc.
- Strong grasp of bash shell for configuration, control and automation.
- Experience with Oracle on AWS – EC2 and RDS.
- Willingness to debate the merits of any given solution.
- Ability to adopt non-Oracle solutions when needed.
- Experience developing/implementing global standards.
- Outstanding documentation skills.
- Demonstrated thoroughness in solution development.
- Cloning multi-TB Oracle databases.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science or beyond with 7 years Oracle Architecture experience.
- Or 10+ years Oracle Architecture experience.
This is a full-time remote/virtual role with some travel and does not offer any employment sponsorship. If you have someone in your network that could be interested please submit their name to Blockgram.com/referrals OR send us their resume at firstname.lastname@example.org; we offer the highest referral fee in the entire industry!