Augmented Reality Software Developer , Team Lead – Multinational Technology Company – Montreal, QuebecFull-Time Blockgram
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
posted 1 week ago
Blockgram is searching for a Augmented Reality Software Developer for one of our largest clients in Montreal, Quebec.
We are looking for a talented and motivated lead developer who can hit the ground running and help take our Augmented Reality development team to the next level. As a leader and expert in Augmented Reality, you will guide the team of existing developers towards a common technical vision of total world domination. Just kidding, no world domination needed – but a common technical vision definitely is, as is the ability to drive the team towards always delivering the highest quality software solutions.
Writing code at least 70% of the time yourself, you will be a leader but happy to roll up your sleeves and code alongside the team as well. You will also participate in everything that comes before the coding – formulation, analysis and development of the AR framework. If you have experience working in the gaming industry, or any other quick-paced agile environment, then you are excited to bring the fervor of working fast and furious on exciting projects but also relieved to know we strongly believe in work-life balance and make sure our employees achieve it. Will you work on more than just Augmented Reality? Yes! As new and exciting projects come up (and they will) that utilize new technologies, the opportunity to lead and work on those projects will arise. AR is our client’s focus but they move quickly and new projects will come up regularly.
- Manage – a productive and inspiring working environment for the development team
- Design – AR applications that look great and perform even better.
- Build – quick prototypes and proof of concept projects
- Own – project timelines and deliverables
- Research – and evaluate advances in the AR/AI fields (object recognition, object tracking, semantic interpretation) and mixed reality hardware
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience Software Development: (C++, C# .NET, Java);
- Strong OOP understanding;
- Experience in 3D graphics programming with Unity, OpenGL, DirectX or similar;
- Experience in computer vision algorithms and spatial mapping;
- knowledge of AR technologies like Vuforia, Google Tango, SLAM, Microsoft Hololens will be considered as asset;
- Cross-platform programming experience will be considered as an asset;
- Experience with Scrum Agile
- Detail-oriented and precision
- Team player
This role requires the candidate to work in the Montreal, Quebec office and is available on a full-time basis.