Director of Business Analytics – Virtual for Financial Technology CompanyContractor Full-Time Part-Time Blockgram
posted 1 month ago
We seek an outstanding Director of Business Analytics to join our clients core technology and engineering team. The mission of the team is to enable the business to succeed through actionable analysis and insightful management information systems (MIS).
This position will focus on leading a team that is responsible for producing and advancing standard MIS, data capabilities, and actionable insights. The candidate will be in a highly collaborative environment, interacting with and influencing global teams across the company and translating customer data into client acquisition and retention strategies. This role will be expected to enhance the organization’s insight through the integration of value quantification methodologies with internal and external data sources that will help sales and client general managers articulate and defend the clients offer.
- Produce insightful business analytics using an integrated datamart that combines client data, pricing pro forma data, financial actual data, billed data, client win / loss information, proprietary and publicly available data to identify and quantify savings opportunities and hurdles
- Partner with internal constituents to create value-added strategic analyses that directly drive business goals
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data through the creation and maintenance of key performance indicators (KPI)
- Support the technology infrastructure & strategy teams in the standardization of reference data sources for the purposes of enriching downstream analytics and MIS
- Responsible for both scheduled and unscheduled data reporting across the department. Responsible for dynamically developing custom reports based upon stakeholder needs
- Evaluate industry trends to develop recommendations at key milestones that will be presented to the team for review and approval.
- MBA or Masters Degree in a quantitative field with 3-5 years analytics experience strongly preferred
- Strong data management capability (e.g. MS Excel, Minitab, Python, Oracle Crystal Ball, R, etc…) to develop Dashboards and Scorecards (i.e. advanced Excel formulas, PivotTables, VBA/Macro highly desired)
- Strong Database or SAS Management skills (preferred, but not required) to help manage data quality (high familiarity mining data using SQL and Query manager in MS Access)
- Thought Leader with consultancy skills with experience in decision support analytics, financial acumen and proven ability to work collaboratively to drive results
- Knowledge of the industry economic model, products, segmentation, and key functions, a plus
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while solving problems and making decisions
- Strong presentation and communication skills; both written and verbal