Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) – Mountain View, California – Major US Engineering Services CompanyContractor Full-Time Blockgram
Mountain View, California, United States
posted 2 weeks ago
Blockgram is searching for a Software Development Engineer in Test for one of our largest clients in Mountain View, California. As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be designing and developing automated solutions that help guarantee the software quality across a wide range of mobile devices and tablets, web and living room devices. You will be working on tools and infrastructure challenges involving big data, machine learning, OCR/computer vision and large-scale back-end web services, all with the goal of delivering seamless client and video playback experience to the customer. A successful candidate will have an interest in developing automated solutions for consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and, of course, a passion for TV and film.
- Design, develop and execute automated test cases from integration testing to load testing
- Work closely with development and QA teams to review requirements and define test strategies, estimates, and plans
- Identify and report defects and follow through to complete testing cycles
- Create test reports to internal teams and customers
- Host and participate in test case reviews and project meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages – Java, C#/C++, Python
- Experienced in mobile (iOS and Android) and web test automation
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Video analysis and automation experience is highly preferred.
This role requires the candidate to work from the Mountain View, California office and is either available on a contractor or full-time basis.